Whether it's business, pleasure, sightseeing, or incredible music and cuisine, New Orleans delivers - and the Royal St. Charles Hotel puts you at the center of it all. Located on the edge of the Central Business District just a block from the rocking French Quarter and Canal Street, the Royal St. Charles Hotel is a perfect headquarters for your exploration of New Orleans. The music of Bourbon Street is a short stroll, adjacent Canal Street takes you uptown to the Garden District, and Esplanade to the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. Just outside the hotel entrance is the St. Charles Streetcar Line, which offers guests access to many of New Orleans most popular attractions.
Uniquely New Orleans, the Royal St. Charles Hotel reflects the culture of fun and quirky trendiness of one of America's most fascinating destinations. From its colorful lobby and one-of-a-kind reception desk that changes colors, to the renowned PJ's Coffee & Café in the lobby, this boutique hotel is a New Orleans institution in the heart of the city. The Royal St. Charles underwent an extensive renovation in 2012, and contemporary details, handmade furniture, and original artwork make the 143 guestrooms and suites a truly unique New Orleans hotel.
Each guestroom features:
Stylish, contemporary furnishings and plush Serta bed
A 42' flat screen HD TV
Coffee maker with New Orleans Roast Coffee
Work desk, Wi-Fi Internet access
The Royal St. Charles Hotel is located one block from Canal Street, the major thoroughfare in the city of New Orleans which forms the upriver boundary of the city's oldest neighborhood, the French Quarter (Vieux Carré). The St. Charles Streetcar stops at the hotel’s front door and transports guests to the Garden District and Uptown areas. This property is situated in the central business district, a block from the French Quarter, and approximately 16 miles from New Orleans International Moisant Field Airport.
Nearby Attractions Include:
- French Market- the oldest public market in the country, an open-air mall with shopping, dining and music.
- French Quarter and New Orleans history at the Historic New Orleans Collection.
- Jackson Square, with restaurants, shops and a vibrant street life.
- The National World War II Museum.
- Harrah's New Orleans Casino, with table games, slots and poker tables.
- Steamboat Natchez - a classic Mississippi riverboat that sails daily with jazz and dinner.
- Centuries-old bars including Blacksmith Shop and Old Absinthe House.
- Riverwalk Marketplace, offering upscale fashion, local culinary flavors and revelry.
- The Presbytere - an elaborate and exquisite collection of Mardi Gras artifacts and memorabilia.
*Self-Parking is available at $20 per day (plus tax), just three block from the Royal St. Charles Hotel*
In addition to stylish guestrooms and suites, the Royal St. Charles Hotel features an extensive fitness center offering cardio and strength-training equipment, a business center, and New Orleans's own PJ's Coffee is freshly brewed daily in PJ's Coffee Café. Fresh baked pastries, handmade chocolate, and beer and wine are also available in PJ's Café.
Total number of rooms – 143
Number of floors – 10
Airport transportation (surcharge)
Wifi Access (surcharge)
Valet/Secure Parking Available (surcharge)
24-hour front desk
Dry cleaning/laundry service
Lobby coffee shop
42 inch flat screen TV
Premium TV channels
Wifi access (surcharge)
Policies & Fees
Check-in time- 4 PM
Check-out time- 11 AM
Payment types: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- Resort fee USD 14.95 per accommodation, per night
- Valet parking fee USD $35 plus tax per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle USD 40.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee USD 30.00
- Rollaway bed fee USD 20.00 per stay
- Self-Parking is available at $20 per day (plus tax), just three blocks from the property